PLASTICS!!!!!!

Phat_Toni
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:
PLASTICS!!!!!!

Post by Phat_Toni » 02 Apr 2005, 05:50

I live in australia and i have looked eveywere and i cannot find replacement plasticks for my 99 AR, it currently has the stock purple and white ones, which are in fairly good nic, but dont look nearly as nice as them shiny new black ones that some people have, does anyone knw were i can get some? even from overseas. thanx
Some people are only alive because its illegal to shoot them.

Paul P
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by Paul P » 02 Apr 2005, 14:41

G'day Toni I know exactly what you mean I live in australia and have a mk3 which has exactly the same shape plastics and I to would love a black rear guard I'm pretty sure you could order one from leisure trail in the uk (there in the links on this site) but I'd reakon it would cost you a small fortune. I also read on a prevoius post on this site that if you can get the right part number you can order from any honda dealer, how true this is I dont know but i think leisure trail could probably help you with the part number too. Dont worry about the front guard as that is the same as a cr 250 and are certainly available in black. let us know how you go with that info because its somthing i've been interested in doing for a while and just havent bothered to follow it up (typical aussie) PS where abouts in australia are you ? I'm in melbourne !
:wink: :wink: :wink:
Ports yellow and purple crm mk3

CRMR
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor
Reactions:

Post by CRMR » 02 Apr 2005, 20:51

paul p , There is talk in this somewhere in this forum about making molds of the original plastic side panels and making new one from black carbon fiber ,or, fiberglass ,, Its an idea for you to ponder over anyways ,,

Phat_Toni
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by Phat_Toni » 03 Apr 2005, 15:10

thanx for the reply, i might ring honda world and ask them about it, my local place has no idea, lol, i live in port augusta. love riding my crm and caining off my friends on there TT-Rs. Ill let u know how i go, cheers

Moto Maniac
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by Moto Maniac » 25 Apr 2005, 09:26

Guys,

Another Aussie! After some serious riding, i have had to replace plastics... i have replaced my front and rear for a pair of black 05 CR plastics, look blody schmick! bloody awesome! and with a UFO headlight you would know what the hell it was!

im also the guy who started the Carbon Fibre thread ages ago, i stoped dooing that due to work etc, but in the near future ill pick it up again, after trial and error, it is definately possible to make your own fenders!

cheers

Phat_Toni
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by Phat_Toni » 09 May 2005, 09:59

Does the rear gaurd fit straight on or require some minor modifications?
got any pics of ur bike, im shure is would look sweet, cheers

Paul P
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:
pics

Post by Paul P » 14 May 2005, 08:14

Dear moto maniac please post some photos on the site of your 05 cr plastics, what model crm have you got ? same question as phat tony did you have to drill new hole's in the rear gaurd to fit it ? how well does the rear gaurd fit with the in with side pannels'you should be able to attach some photo's to one of your posts' I really look foward to seeing some pics of this mod as i'd like to do it myself.
cheers mate !
:) :) :)
Ports yellow and purple crm mk3

Moto Maniac
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by Moto Maniac » 02 Jun 2005, 07:03

Guys,

Sorry for the delayed reply,

With my 05 BLACK plastics, i have resprayed my rear subframe black, and have removed the little bag toggles thingys, so the plastic and side railslook sweet..!

the rear gaur needs to be trimmed down a fair bit to fit in the same sort of allignment as the old one... 3/4 inch of both sides - (but you cant see the damage) so it still looks schmick.

the seat needs to be melted into the rear gaurd a little, as the standard seat has a bulky underneath. - doesnt affect anything - seat bolts still lign up with holes etc - it just provides a better look - flow from seat to fender etc...

i have tapped 2 new holes in the sub frame under the 2 side pannels, (they cant be seen) where the plastc bolts on either side (low ion either side of the airbox...) and 2 bolts with spacers to fit to the 2 fixed nuts at the top of the subframe

the only downfall, is with the current side plasticsthe rear doenst really flow to the side plastics, but that can be fixed with new sides etc... new seat etc...

sorry no pis as of yet...

ps. as plastics are soooo cheap ($40 AUS) there isnt really any worry if you fcuk up (unlike genuine CRM plastics)....!!! all i recommend is having a go! the only way i found out is by having a dig! and im only 19!

Im doing some deeper research into the plastic tank atm.... more to come later!

pps, the front 05 black plastic looks schmicko aswell! with a UFO light!

Kind Regards,

James