DIY Halogen Lights - Let There be Light!!

Jonorow
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Re: DIY Halogen Lights - Let There be Light!!

Post by Jonorow » 13 Nov 2008, 18:17

Maybe a couple of these might be better?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PAIR-STREETFIGHTE ... 240%3A1318" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
98 (94) CRM250 MK3
96 ST1100PT
99 NT650V Deauville (Gone to roads new)
http://www.rymcc.co.uk

SkidMark
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by SkidMark » 13 Nov 2008, 18:35

I think we need to see the picture again to determine once and for all if it is PINK or not :!: :!: :!:
AR's rock!!!
TwinAir filter, Braided Brake Hoses, Swingarm/Shock bearings done!, Rear Shock overhauled and customised by G-Force, 14-44 Gearing, Exhaust decoked (fun with Caustic Soda!), DEP silencer.

knackeredMk1
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Reactions:
Bike Owned: Modified Mk1

Post by knackeredMk1 » 13 Nov 2008, 18:42

They look good Jon :)

FMtB might like these so we can see him under the water in the Welsh mountains this weekend - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/48cm-Pink-Car-Whe ... 240%3A1318" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

fallenmikethebike
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: MK3

Post by fallenmikethebike » 13 Nov 2008, 19:17

:D All classy gear , i thank you , all will be revealed this weekend [colour wise ] and, I'm sure that in a Different light , the A/Rs complete non pinkedness will be self evident , as hopefully a photographic report of the C.R.M.S big day out will confirm , hopefully, maybe , pleeeeeeeeasssse . :cry: ;)
Regards Mike
VFORCE REEDS-MUGEN HEAD AND BARREL-WHITE POWER-ALL ON MY WISH LIST!!

vilguy
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor
Reactions:

Post by vilguy » 01 Feb 2009, 08:55

hey jon, those foglights can be had for £23 if you look around on ebay. put in fog lights and you will find them.

I run touratech foglights but they aint cheap,£140 each for the standard halogens, or £390!!!!! for the xenon. I have 2 halogens on my gs and they are amazing, but going to convert them to hids shortly. Might put a hid in the headlight on the crm as well actually. Not quite sure how it will react to the non constant supply though... might not like it too much. Ah well shall see :)

Mash
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by Mash » 29 Dec 2009, 19:46

I know this is an old thread but I just made a couple of these and they are excelent top marks for coming up with the idea howe!!

I made a bracket and mounted them on the bottom yoke bolts they fit nicely under the rad panels on full lock,

Mash

zeeper
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:
Bike Owned: MK1 89

Post by zeeper » 17 Mar 2012, 20:44

I know this is a old topic, but I'm sure new people like me are finding the pleasures of the CRM. I like the idea, however a word of warning, 2 x 50w = 100w , 100w/12v = 8.3 amps. I'm a little worried whether the electrical system on the bike has that kind of spare capacity built into it. And knowing parts are far and few between it could get expensive replacing voltage regulators, alternators etc..Philips make a 12V 10W LED which give similar lumin output as the 50w halogens and is a direct replacement for the halogen. They also run a lot cooler, less wasted energy as heat.

njhardy
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
Reactions:
Bike Owned: CRM250 Mk3

Post by njhardy » 19 Mar 2012, 08:03

I like it- cheap and effective. The headlamp on the Mk3 is just cronk, but luckily I do very little dark riding.
You could always make them blue and flash them on and off on the way to hospital if you had a fall!!