Removing oil from frame sensor for pwoder coating

hpm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Removing oil from frame sensor for pwoder coating

Post by hpm » 16 Nov 2010, 13:30

Hi
Got a CRM mk2 frame I want to get powder coated but am weary about taking the oil sensor out as I don't want to bust it trying as I can't obviously see what holds it in, can anyone who has taken it out say how it is fitted into the frame.
Thanks

superbob
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor
Reactions:
Re: Removing oil from frame sensor for pwoder coating

Post by superbob » 20 Nov 2010, 19:55

hi I took my mk3 oil sensor out a when I was bored the other month just 2 c how it worked. it is just a push fit on mine it runs pretty close to the frame but it does come out this may well b a different setup to a mk2 but I hope it helps. Also you might be able to un plug it from the loom rather than take it out of the tank hope you sort it with out to much trouble mate.

knackeredMk1
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Reactions:
Bike Owned: Modified Mk1
Re: Removing oil from frame sensor for pwoder coating

Post by knackeredMk1 » 20 Nov 2010, 20:51

Meant to answer this earlier .... :roll:

Getting the oil sensor out is just to pull it out. It's like a plug. They do tend to leak so there maybe some sealant around it. Make sure the powder coaters seal all the entrances to the oil chamber (6) and make sure it is thouroughly washed out before you rebuild the bike. Be absolutely certain to include the oil filter when you connect up the lubrication system ;) .

Before you put the sensor back clean it and the tube it sits in with contact cleaner and the smear some RTV sealant around the sensor were is sits.