brake line routing

SkidMark
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
brake line routing

Post by SkidMark » 16 Dec 2009, 17:50

Hey all,

So I have just installed a new front brake line and neglected to take a picy or note how it was routed down the fork leg at the bottom. :o I looked online at various pictures and there seems to be a mix of people that have routed inside the fork leg and then some that have routed outside. My first feeling was to route outside but the brake line didn't seem to 'naturally' want to route that way because of the angle of the fittings (which are the same as the honda original line I took off). Looking further at it I noticed that the fork guard (AR upside downers) is shaped differently on the left leg as if to make space for the brake line. Obviously the concern with it routed inside is that it might hit the wheel but once it is secured I don't think that will happen.

So, how do you routes yours? :D

Regards

SkidMark
AR's rock!!!
TwinAir filter, Braided Brake Hoses, Swingarm/Shock bearings done!, Rear Shock overhauled and customised by G-Force, 14-44 Gearing, Exhaust decoked (fun with Caustic Soda!), DEP silencer.

AlanH
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
Reactions:
Re: brake line routing

Post by AlanH » 16 Dec 2009, 17:53

Inside (It's an AR).

MarkF12
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by MarkF12 » 16 Dec 2009, 21:14

Mine is on the inside,I think its like this as its out of the way from rocks and snags etc,.

Jonorow
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Jonorow » 17 Dec 2009, 21:32

the brake line should go inside. I was told not so long ago, by a mate who races in enduros. it's so as has been mentioned, nothing snags it when riding offroad. hence why i have now changed mine to the inside.
98 (94) CRM250 MK3
96 ST1100PT
99 NT650V Deauville (Gone to roads new)
http://www.rymcc.co.uk