PV controller replacements

Jeram
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
PV controller replacements

Post by Jeram » 18 Feb 2012, 02:12

Im not sure what happened to the member as he didnt end up buying a CRM... but he contacted me a couple weeks back regarding programmable ignitions.

I gave him some contacts to try to see if something could be sorted out for the CRM.

A quick email to Ignitech and he was told by Ignitech owner/founder that one of their PV controller units (cost= around 100 pounds) could be easily wired up to the CRM.

just have to spice into:
-the power source,
-TPS,
-wire to the coils (to count rpms),
-wire up to the servo motor

bout an evening or two's worth of work if you take your time and do it properly/neatly

this can be used to fully replace a broken ignition box that can no longer control the servo PV but is still able to supply spark.
It can also be used just if someone wants a little more performance from their bike by playing with 3D map (TPS vs. RPM)

(note: this is only a programmable PV controller, not a fully programmable ignition unit)

so pretty much, next time someones ignition unit dies send Ignitech (or Borut at Zeeltronic) an email...
they have great customer service including; if you sent them a wiring diagram and bike spec they will tell you whether their product will work for your application and which wires to connect it to etc.
if your ignitech/zeeltronic breaks under normal use during a reasonable time frame (a year or two) they normally fix it for you free of change if you pay for the postage, but they are generally very reliable.

although their customer service is outstanding from both of the above companies and they will do their best to assist and reply to questions, if anyone tries this and gets stuck shoot me a PM Ill do my best to help out as Iv fully rewired my CRM from scratch and have got spark and servo control from my ignitech

Jeram
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Re: PV controller replacements

Post by Jeram » 18 Feb 2012, 02:16

members name was Mikk...

mikk if your still out there, feel free to add in anything Ive missed

SkidMark
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by SkidMark » 18 Feb 2012, 07:22

because the unit is 'universal' then I believe you need to run the bike on a dyno to set it up properly.
Not so easy for some of us.... :cry:
AR's rock!!!
TwinAir filter, Braided Brake Hoses, Swingarm/Shock bearings done!, Rear Shock overhauled and customised by G-Force, 14-44 Gearing, Exhaust decoked (fun with Caustic Soda!), DEP silencer.

Jeram
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Jeram » 19 Feb 2012, 01:18

no dyno needed for stock replacement... crm manual gives you the curve

then to modify it to a custom curve, unless your super serious you just do it with a 'butt dyno' by trial and error...

definitely not all that complicated to set them up

gregorious77
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by gregorious77 » 26 Jan 2014, 20:15

Holy thread revival batman!!!!
I am thinking of buying one of these for my AR do they work OK with the AR or is there some other trickery going on with the PV on this model?