Mudfacetony
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: Mk2.2, Mk3
Coling fan

Post by Mudfacetony » 26 Jul 2012, 19:52

Steve,

I've been looking at your old post of fitting a cooling fan. How did the project end up? Did the epoxy hold out for fixing the threaded bar? What size fan did you rend up with and where did you tap in to the power?

The trip to Scotland last weekend showed the one major weakness for the CRM in boggy conditions and I would like to do the mod on the mk2 and mk3 (the mk3 being the more awkward one)
Team Mudface

Mudface tony is "Our Man at the handlebars" http://www.facebook.com/#!/TeamMudface

fallenmikethebike
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: MK3
Re: Coling fan

Post by fallenmikethebike » 26 Jul 2012, 21:21

:D Hi Tony, I have a 50mm magnetic driven fan on my MK3. It has never overheated since I fitted this.
I fitted mine in the bottom left hand corner of the left hand rad [ below 2T filling tube].
I put some push together connectors, and took a feed from behind the light nacelle.
I wired mine to run permanently as they only pull about 5watts.
The 50mm fan is very slim[ about 25mm,I made up a simple nylon bracket that utilised the 2T filling neck as the anchor point, and it just sits against the rad. There's no need for it to be over engineered, and it's simple to change when this one goes down.I think you can get a pack of 4 off ebay for very little money.
Mike
VFORCE REEDS-MUGEN HEAD AND BARREL-WHITE POWER-ALL ON MY WISH LIST!!

Mudfacetony
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: Mk2.2, Mk3

Post by Mudfacetony » 28 Jul 2012, 07:43

fallenmikethebike wrote::D Hi Tony, I have a 50mm magnetic driven fan on my MK3. It has never overheated since I fitted this.
I fitted mine in the bottom left hand corner of the left hand rad [ below 2T filling tube].
I put some push together connectors, and took a feed from behind the light nacelle.
The 50mm fan is very slim[ about 25mm,I made up a simple nylon bracket that utilised the 2T filling neck as the anchor point, and it just sits against the rad. There's no need for it to be over engineered, and it's simple to change when this one goes down.I think you can get a pack of 4 off ebay for very little money.
Mike
Thanks Mike, that's the mk2 and m3 sorted
Team Mudface

Mudface tony is "Our Man at the handlebars" http://www.facebook.com/#!/TeamMudface

fishtail
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: CRM 250 Mk3

Post by fishtail » 30 Jul 2012, 16:44

fallenmikethebike wrote::D Hi Tony, I have a 50mm magnetic driven fan on my MK3. It has never overheated since I fitted this.
Mike

I'm gonna try and mackle one of these up by this w/e.. I might put a switch on tho?

gonna have to phrase this carefully.. :lol: are you sucking or blowing ? :shock:

not over engineered? you mean zip ties? thats my idea,,, lots of hills looming this w/e :)

incidentally those fin things on the front of my radiator ( look like wind flaps on some cars wiper blades ) fell off - I bet no ones surprised!

they just to deflect stones n stuff I think?
1996 CRM 250 "Mk 3" FMF pipe .... - the other 'un is a 98 hornet 600 - Sai Kung Hong Kong

fallenmikethebike
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by fallenmikethebike » 30 Jul 2012, 16:56

;) Sucking, like my luck :roll: :roll: Yea, zip tie is fine, just don't get to carried away.
I really think given you're latitude a switched fan is not required.I think it'll outlast the front sprocket even if it's running continuously :lol: Mines been on 3 years now.
Mike

fishtail
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by fishtail » 30 Jul 2012, 17:16

ha! yeah you prob right - it is dam hot here!

- but I might put a digital speedo on with rev counter.. ( can get fake Koso here for about 20 quid - no idea how good they are )

wondering if that little flywheel can pump enough juice out?
1996 CRM 250 "Mk 3" FMF pipe .... - the other 'un is a 98 hornet 600 - Sai Kung Hong Kong

back off road
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Reactions:
Bike Owned: KTM 200 exc

Post by back off road » 30 Jul 2012, 17:25

- but I might put a digital speedo on with rev counter.. ( can get fake Koso here for about 20 quid - no idea how good they are )

let us no if there any good
Im thinking about a bike with more valves than a powervalve

fishtail
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by fishtail » 30 Jul 2012, 17:54

yeah I'm gonna order one of these..

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=1398 ... _529026114

google translates as

Our stock is suitable for 10-inch, 12 inch, 13 inch, 17 inch, 18 inch, 19 inch 20 inch 21 inch tire model modified speed accurately. If your tire model is not listed here can also be made ​​to order, welcome wholesale of new and old customers to buy For the number, you can contact me, price favorably.

Shop for motorcycle manufacturers, absolute guarantee of the quality of all goods, to welcome you to verify the quality of the buyers have purchased! The origin of the instrument manufacturers in Taiwan KOSO, priced at around 2500. More than the money is for mainland factory own production, quality can not KOSO original compared to the stable, but the quality! Feature is complete! Price is only one tenth the original, high cost! Header, the mileage of lines, magnets, wiring diagram of the original price 208, now Price 200 yuan a car for playing friends to make alterations, the following effect diagram (part of the model is modified to address copy and paste in the address bar to view) :

anyways - 200 RMB - i think thats under 20 quid?!!

is donnington market still on? I might set up a stall for the w/e I'm there.. . :p :D

( will be staying in Ashby de la Douche - mid/ end of september! )

cheers!

BaNZ
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:
Bike Owned: CRM250-MK2 '93

Post by BaNZ » 31 Jul 2012, 13:23

Guys, you need these (http://injapan.ru/auction/r91947743.html) for fun.

fallenmikethebike
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by fallenmikethebike » 31 Jul 2012, 16:45

:OMG I'll be forever pulling trapped dogs and squirrels out that, it looks really powerful, and heavy :shock: .
Mike

fishtail
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by fishtail » 31 Jul 2012, 17:12

:lol: dont forget badgers as well..... :mrgreen:

fishtail
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by fishtail » 01 Aug 2012, 13:20

mines on!

fan cost 1pound 49p!

followed your advice mike - just left it running all the time...

it does seem to blow warm air towards my left inner thigh now!

lets see if it works this w/e!

:D

back off road
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Reactions:
Bike Owned: KTM 200 exc

Post by back off road » 01 Aug 2012, 18:53

a cooling fan and a BJ for less than £1.50 :lol: sounds good to me
Im thinking about a bike with more valves than a powervalve

nicko
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: Mk3
120mm

Post by nicko » 21 Jun 2013, 13:04

I've fitted a 120mm pc fan (from maplins) to the right hand radiator on my Mk3. 120mm is just the right size to cover the whole width of the rad. I mangled the PV servo mounting bracket backwards about 1cm to help make room & used cable ties through the rad with a foam washer on the fin side to fix it.

knackeredMk1
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Reactions:
Bike Owned: Modified Mk1

Post by knackeredMk1 » 21 Jun 2013, 13:26

Somehow I missed this question :oops: :

The fan is 120mm 12v computer cooling fan (eBay ~$5.00). M4 stainless threaded bar (eBay - £3.00. Threaded between the channels in the radiator and on the side). Epoxy glue and a small strip of double sided foam.

The fan has 3 wires and 2 speeds operated by a bar mounted switch.