MK1 ECU in MK2 engine, intermittent spark

knackeredMk1
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Reactions:
Bike Owned: Modified Mk1
Re: MK1 ECU in MK2 engine, intermittent spark

Post by knackeredMk1 » 30 Mar 2013, 21:41

It sounds to be like a coil problem but I'm not good with electronics so someone else give some other options if there are any.

ptorresavello
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by ptorresavello » 30 Mar 2013, 21:53

well, thanks a lot anyways, I hope someone who has resolved this problem or something similar posts the answer. I don't know what else to try.

ptorresavello
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by ptorresavello » 30 Mar 2013, 23:06

http://youtu.be/wDSKXiriack

I uploaded a video for you to see the problem.

Carbguy
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:
Bike Owned: AR / Mk1

Post by Carbguy » 30 Mar 2013, 23:29

maybe that spark plug is dead already? Did you try to change it? looks like the problem i had with my AR. didn't really get sparky even revving up the thing.
could be the coil, the plug or the ECU. you should be able to get a coil that is similar to see if it solves the problem?

ptorresavello
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by ptorresavello » 31 Mar 2013, 19:36

I tried it even without the plug and cap, just the coil cable and the spark was long and blue, my problem is signal I think, but I can't take the flywheel off, any tips how?, I took the nut holding it from the center but it won't come out. Again, when I disconnect the white wired pulse generator, the problem persists the same, I mean, the white wire is doing nothing at the moment, what does that mean?

Carbguy
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by Carbguy » 02 Apr 2013, 02:50

You need a flywheel removing tool. Seguramente un taller de motos te lo prestaria.

ptorresavello
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by ptorresavello » 02 Apr 2013, 19:39

I have a new lead, I discovered that the condenser isn't working or is not connected properly, i pulled it out and the problem persists the same way, I have the same spark quantity and quality.

Can anyone post proper way to connect the whole ignition system? I have it pretty much figured out, but anyways, there's something I'm doing wrong.

ptorresavello
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by ptorresavello » 02 Apr 2013, 20:26

And if you know how many volts does the system work with?

ptorresavello
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by ptorresavello » 05 Apr 2013, 01:31

I finally got it running again, I decided to try out a chinese DC cdi used in several 200cc four strokes, after some tests it started and revved kinda fine, now I have to adjust carburetor, and check my powervalve, cause it isn't working, also i ran out of petrol and oil so I'll have to wait until tomorrow and continue to tune it right. It seems like the servo wants to move the pulley but the cables are too tight or something, any ideas how to set up this properly?? I think I put the whole assembly in a way it is not supposed to, like cables in incorrect position, order, I don't know.

Carbguy
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by Carbguy » 05 Apr 2013, 03:29

:lol: this is South America... :roll:

Carbguy
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by Carbguy » 05 Apr 2013, 03:34

Revisale si la valvula de escape está bloqueada, o si conectaste al reves los cables
De acero de la valvula.

ptorresavello
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by ptorresavello » 05 Apr 2013, 15:17

HAHAHAHA :mrgreen: , así es sudamérica tú lo has dicho, y sobre todo chile, el país rey del arreglín a la mala para que simplemente ande. La válvula se mueve libremente, éso ya lo comprobé, pero lo que me tiene preocupado es el orden de los cables de acero y su posición en la polea, tú por alguna casualidad podrías guiarme en este proceso?, ya que conecté como mejor quedaban a mí parecer, pero lo más probable es que hayan quedado mal, ya que al hacer girar manualmente la válvula cuesta mucho trabajo.

Carbguy
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by Carbguy » 06 Apr 2013, 02:39

simplemente desata los cables de la valvula, arranca la moto y ve cual cable empieza a
Estirar al acelerar. Ese es el cable que va hacia atras de la valvula. Normalmente lleva un resorte. El otro cable lleva
Tuercas para el ajuste y va hacia el lado delantero de la moto. Espero que te sirva la ayuda.

ptorresavello
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by ptorresavello » 07 Apr 2013, 18:06

Ok, puse bien los cables, pero sigue sin operar, tengo entendido que el ECU que alza la válvula de poder, funciona independiente del ECU del motor, por lo tanto no debería haber interferencia con la nueva ECu adaptada, ya que sólo recibe alimentación de un positivo y la señal que es la misma que va a la bobina primaria(a bujía), probé el servo motor con una batería de 12 v y funciona correctamente, no sé qué más puedo tener mal conectado, a menos que esta ECU se me haya quemado al mismo tiempo que la original

Carbguy
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by Carbguy » 07 Apr 2013, 19:48

Bueno, verifique los diagramas y estas en lo cierto. Entonces quedaron pocas opciones. Se quemó la ECU, el rectificador está dañado o los cables de alimentación de la ECU no estan bien o mal conectados. Viste que la ECU de la valvula lleva alimentación 12V?