Crm250AR misfiring

gregorious77
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Re: Crm250AR misfiring

Post by gregorious77 » 23 May 2016, 15:36

Where are you in UK? you can ride my AR if you like but its likely the same.
does it go ding ding ding ding ding instead of dddddrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr (or brb brb brb brb brb instead of bbbbrrrrrrrbbbb).
Mine runs 13 - 52 gearing so can be quite snappy on small throttle openings.
mine

cosmos17
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by cosmos17 » 23 May 2016, 17:34

fallenmikethebike wrote:
cosmos17 wrote:
knackeredMk1 wrote:I was thinking that it might be hesitation as your brother suggests. If you find it really irritating try incregasing your sprocket gearing. What is it currently?
Sprockets appear to be 13/42 (might be 45). I was thinking of getting new chain and sprockets and maybe lowering the gearing slightly.

My brother suggested leaning out the pilot jet, so I'm gonna buy a few smaller ones and see how it goes.
Altering the pilot setting is unlikely to have any affect on the condition in the rev range you flagged up.
Two strokes want to be pulling all the time, lowering the gearing will move the perceived problem down the speed range.
Try managing the condition by changing up a gear so as the engine is under load.
Any one else got an AR near you to confirm it is the old two stroke phenomenon.
Mike
Mike
The pilot jet idea was because my brother was of the thinking that the poor running exists at lower revs too, its just that I accelerate through it to the 4200rpm ish/30mph. we have improved it through air screw adjustment and it seems a relatively cheap way of trying to improve things. I've just bought carbon reeds although the originals haven't been checked yet.
the gearing is something i want to lower anyway and should improve things too.
I already change up the gears as you suggest but end up doing 50mph in a 30mph!
Thanks for the tips.
I'll go away, do some fettling and report back!
Jason

cosmos17
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by cosmos17 » 23 May 2016, 17:42

gregorious77 wrote:Where are you in UK? you can ride my AR if you like but its likely the same.
does it go ding ding ding ding ding instead of dddddrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr (or brb brb brb brb brb instead of bbbbrrrrrrrbbbb).
Mine runs 13 - 52 gearing so can be quite snappy on small throttle openings.
mine
Hi, I'm in Petersfield Hants. Thats a very kind offer to compare your bike to mine. If its possible, I wouldn't mind trying it.

You have 10 more teeth on your rear sprocket than I do, do you need to change the chain guide for it? I'm not sure i'll lower mine quite that much.
I watched your video and mine is like a rough sounding version of that although its more how it feels than how it sounds.

PS. I like your spelling of the sound of a CRM, pretty accurate!

Jason

fallenmikethebike
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: MK3

Post by fallenmikethebike » 23 May 2016, 19:28

Just for the joy of it, AR's. also have a throttle position sensor, oh and some vacuum switches built into the induction system, hours of fun to be had yet :roll:
Mike
VFORCE REEDS-MUGEN HEAD AND BARREL-WHITE POWER-ALL ON MY WISH LIST!!

gregorious77
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by gregorious77 » 23 May 2016, 21:26

Im in Gosport so just up the road. sounds like a meet on the local lanes is required!!

cosmos17
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by cosmos17 » 24 May 2016, 06:21

Sounds like a plan!

cosmos17
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by cosmos17 » 25 May 2016, 17:26

fallenmikethebike wrote:Just for the joy of it, AR's. also have a throttle position sensor, oh and some vacuum switches built into the induction system, hours of fun to be had yet :roll:
Mike
Yes Mike, we've become aware of the complexities of the AR. Do you know if the throttle sensor is adjustable and what it's meant to be set at?
Jason