Crm running rough !!!!

cypruscrm
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:
Crm running rough !!!!

Post by cypruscrm » 02 Aug 2016, 17:41

Hi There all .
My Crm starts fine pulls ok ,but when it gets to a certain rev range it stutters ,sounds as if it is hitting a rev limiter ,it wil sometimes ride through and rev out ,or if i dip the clutch this seems to help nudge it past this rough bit .The bike has been standing for a while ,so i dont know if this has anything to do with it ,to me it feels like ignition breakdown ,but i am open for suggestions ??? i did notice that the throttle on the carb seems to move quite a bit later than the oil pump cable ,so dunno if its running rich ,doesnt seem overly smokey . I had the plug out ,it looked ok ,had the gen cover off ,all looked ok ,I am a bit stuck ,I dont know what size jets are in the carbs.its a mk 2 by the way .Any help /ideas would be appreceiated .Cheers.

knackeredMk1
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Reactions:
Bike Owned: Modified Mk1
Re: Crm running rough !!!!

Post by knackeredMk1 » 02 Aug 2016, 18:50

Clean the carb out thoroughly.

cypruscrm
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by cypruscrm » 03 Aug 2016, 06:38

will do that on the weekend ,and let you know the results ,Thx Rob

cypruscrm
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by cypruscrm » 12 Oct 2016, 15:11

Ok have been real busy with visitors etc ,but finally ,carb was cleaned ,new plug and the oil pump setting moved ,was pumping way too much 2stroke oil in .It now runs like a rocket YAYYYY ,now to sort the rest of it out ,ie wheel bearings,fork seals ,new chain slider to name but a few jobs lol ,