oil sensor part number - help please

bobbler
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:
oil sensor part number - help please

Post by bobbler » 13 Dec 2020, 16:35

Could anyone help with a part number or where to get the 2 stroke oil sensor for a 1991 mk2 CRM?

I've just had word from the seller of a bike I'm buying that after the frame was powder coated the original sensor unit was damaged and he's struggling to find a replacement.

He says the sensor can just be blanked off but I have no experience of these bikes and wouldn't want to risk damage.

knackeredMk1
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Reactions:
Bike Owned: Modified Mk1
Re: oil sensor part number - help please

Post by knackeredMk1 » 13 Dec 2020, 18:36

The sensor isn't really necessary as on the Mk1 & 2 you have an oil level sight tube. I blanked mine off as they commonly leak and are basically a pain.

But if you want one -

https://www.cmsnl.com/honda-crm250r-199 ... 9ZfFHpxe00

bobbler
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by bobbler » 13 Dec 2020, 22:00

Thanks for the quick reply it's good to know they aren't totally necessary. Is it an easy job to blank off?

It may be a daft question and a simple job, I haven't seen the bike in the flesh yet and want to make sure its right before I ride it.

Thanks again

knackeredMk1
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Reactions:
Bike Owned: Modified Mk1

Post by knackeredMk1 » 14 Dec 2020, 09:36

It's as easy as you make it. I ground mine down to the frame and glued/welded a plate over the hole. You will need to drain and thoroughly wash out the oil tank to do this. Another way would be to glue a cap over the untouched end or but a bung in it.