Running problems Mk2

Andy250
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:
Running problems Mk2

Post by Andy250 » 30 Sep 2021, 20:58

Hi guys I’m hoping someone might be able to help me out, my MK2 is not wanting to run.
Basically if I try and start it normally it won’t fire all electrics come on when you kick start it like they should. if I open the throttle fully it will start but cut out soon after.
Story goes came out wouldant start and noticed fuel leaking from the rubber on the Reed manifold the rubber was cracked. So thought that’s why put another Reed block manifold on and it’s the same, I swapped over the coil & ht cap for one I knew worked still the same. Put a new plug in it and it’s the same put a iridium plug in no change, stripped the carby which looked clean blew out all the jets and it’s the same. I pulled out the plug after it’s cut out and it is wet with fuel like it should be.
Does anyone know what might be causing this?
Thanks very much

Gammakeith
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor
Reactions:
Re: Running problems Mk2

Post by Gammakeith » 01 Oct 2021, 08:35

Did this fault come on suddenly, gradually or after you did some work on the bike?

Starting only on full throttle suggests its over fueling to me. The wet plug seems to back this up. However, is that due to multiple starting attempts prior to that point?

If it were me, I would do a leak down test to confirm that everything is sealing ok and that crank seals are ok but if you don't have the kit to do that its a faff. Otherwise check wiring loom, connectors and pickups for damage etc.

Keith