Just bought my first crm250 but i got a small prob......

CRManiac
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:
Just bought my first crm250 but i got a small prob......

Post by CRManiac » 27 Mar 2003, 23:07

Hi all nice site btw :)

I've just purchased a 1991 crm250 which seems fine other than this small prob of chucking 2 stroke oil out of the breather pipe which dangles down from under the engine ..is this an overflow pipe?
If so why is mine chucking oil out when i ride? i've had to make a bottle up to catch it because it goes all over the back tyre

any ideas guys???

CRManiac

Bargos
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
Reactions:

Post by Bargos » 28 Mar 2003, 08:30

Hi Maniac,
Can you be a bit more specific about where this breather pipe comes from please? Trace it back to where it starts as I have 3 or 4 breather pipes that dangle under the engine!
Bargos

'Daybreak Boys', West Sussex

admin
2016NWAA
2016NWAA
Reactions:
Bike Owned: AR

Post by admin » 28 Mar 2003, 08:38

Tim, i had heard of this before and connto remember the reason. i would speak to pete at leisuretrail and ask him, he told us and we managed to fix it on my mates Mk2

CRManiac
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by CRManiac » 28 Mar 2003, 09:13

its the pipe that comes off the engine near the reed valve

phil1
Visitor
Visitor
Reactions:

Post by phil1 » 28 Mar 2003, 10:38

Thats not 2-stroke oil, that the engine/ gearbox breather, I rerouted mine to the airbox as it sucked up water for a while. you maybe over filling the gearbox. if you set the bike up on the level there is a 10mm nut with a crossthread in it on the right casing (not the one on the waterpump its a couple of inches behind this one). undo it and see if any oil comes out, if lots comes out let it drain as this is the level it should be up to.
if this doesn`t happen then its probably something to do with pressure in the gearbox but you will need someone with more 2-stroke knowledge than me, you should find plenty of help on this site with nearly 80 CRM owners. anyway hope its just the above. Phil.