Carb slide

Alexander
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:
Carb slide

Post by Alexander » 15 Jul 2006, 17:46

Hallo guys!! I am facing a problem here, the chrome from the slide has gone in some spots as a consequence the throtle going mad after a while. Is any way fixing this or where to buy one online? I subtitute the carb with one PJ 38mm but the gas consumption is HUGE :? so i want to put back the old one.Any suggenstions will help.

Thanks in advance!

lee_p
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by lee_p » 15 Jul 2006, 23:27

Never noticed that these were chromed :?

Keep an eye on Ebay for carb
Call LT and see if they have one
Find local bike breakers see if they have any rocking horse sh** :lol:
I imagine they will be hard to find on own but easy enough as complete carb

Lee

Alexander
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by Alexander » 16 Jul 2006, 11:39

Thank you very much lee, i will send an e-mail to LT as i am not living in UK. I already checked Ebay and other places but i didn't find any Keihin PE carb. BTW does anyone own a KEIHIN PJ 38mm carb and what's his fuel consumption? Mine is approx 13,5lt per 100km..... but gives great boost.

Thanks In Advance!
Alexander

CRM'er
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by CRM'er » 24 Jul 2006, 07:12

Running a 38mm carb on my mk2 supermoto however been playing with jetting so much havent gotten a fuel consumption reading yet. What size pilot and main jet are you running in yours? at them moment i have a 42pilot and a 150main. Cheers

smb2200
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by smb2200 » 25 Jul 2006, 23:48

Aren't these polished aluminium not chrome??

Either way would have thought you could sand it with some fine (say 2000) wet and dry sand paper, then Autosol to a nice mirror finish :?

Just a thought.... might save a few quid :D

Alexander
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by Alexander » 26 Jul 2006, 20:10

Crm'er the main jet size is 110 as i remember but for the pilot i don't know at all (it was mechanic's job). That was the best possible jetting. I am not happy with the 38mm carb because at low rpm's it doesn't go well and the gas consumption is huge as i mentioned above. With 10 liters i make about 60-70 kmh (depends the usage).

CRM'er
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by CRM'er » 26 Jul 2006, 21:01

are you sure it was 110? I have a 150 main in mine at moment and a 42 pilot. 110 seems strange as it is smaller than the standard jet sise in a 32mm carb which is 128. Mine also runs rough at constant throttle low revs, still playing with jetting on mine so will let you know how i get on with that. Riding the bike to work this week as weather has warmed up a bit down here! So ill let you know my fuel consumption figures in a day or two.

Alexander
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by Alexander » 26 Jul 2006, 22:33

Thank you CRM'er for your prompt reply, yes i am pretty sure as we had tried many jets and the bike was *arguing*. With bigger jets the bike was struggling to keep idling due to high level of mixture and the gas was overflowing off the carb. So after many tries we conclude to 110 main jet and the niddle clip at the third step. But if you are happy with your jetting i will try to do the same jetting to my carb too.

Thanks in advance!

CRM'er
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by CRM'er » 27 Jul 2006, 21:02

I am not running an airbox on my bike which would make a suttle difference. I think i have my needle set in the leanest position, however not sure what sort of needle is in it as the carb is off a racing quad bike. Where has your mixture screw ended up? I would like to try and get rid of labouring at low revs constant throttle with mine but ill get a fuel consumption reading before i go taking bowl off carb. Seems strange yours is using so much fuel and yet you have a smaller main jet than on a standard crm carb, somthing doesnt seem right there. Whats your float height like? hmmmmmm...................

Alexander
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by Alexander » 28 Jul 2006, 23:55

hmmm,i really don't know.But guess what.... I had a fall today and the frame that holds the rear fender BROKE!!!!!! So it seems that the carb now is the last problem that i have to take care off. I have to \"re-glue\" the frame, buy new backlight and maybe a new exhaust because the pipe that connects the exhaust with the expansion chamber has a slight bend and i dont know if that is a serious problem(if you know please answer!).