Electrical problem

YounGGunS
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:
Electrical problem

Post by YounGGunS » 03 Apr 2003, 19:15

My MK3 is suffering from some electrical problem. I'm unable to create a spark on the bike. Have checked the CDI on another CRM, no problem. What else could be causing the shock circuit?

Is there any means or ways to get rid of the CRM250R electrical wirings and make it a simple premix bike with street legal capabilities for inspection purposes, much like the KTM?

All advise appreciated :-)

James

Robb
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by Robb » 03 Apr 2003, 19:36

Hi James,

Just a bit of general advice - Ive had some probs with my electrics!!!

Make sure that you have got a good earth to the frame and not isolated by paint and muck etc.

Check your connector blocks and terminals for fusty blue corrosion that builds up and breaks the connection.

Check your wiring loom for brittle plastic insulation and breaks in the cable - it may be hard to find but its worth investing the time. (this was the prob with mine :( )

Hope this helps

Robb

YounGGunS
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by YounGGunS » 03 Apr 2003, 19:42

Robb wrote:Hi James,

Just a bit of general advice - Ive had some probs with my electrics!!!

Make sure that you have got a good earth to the frame and not isolated by paint and muck etc.

Check your connector blocks and terminals for fusty blue corrosion that builds up and breaks the connection.

Check your wiring loom for brittle plastic insulation and breaks in the cable - it may be hard to find but its worth investing the time. (this was the prob with mine :( )

Hope this helps

Robb

Thanks robb, will do what you suggested. Damn, really hate the complicated wirings on the CRM.

Bargos
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
Reactions:

Post by Bargos » 04 Apr 2003, 13:23

YounGGuns,

Check the run/stop switch, hardwire it 'on' and see what happens. Also remove the plug cap, strip back to a bare bit of HT lead and hold it 1-2mm away from the cylinder head while your mate kicks it over. You should see a bright blue spark jump from the lead to the cylinder head. If you see a spark at this point then your plug cap needs replacing.

What was the last thing that you did before it stopped running?
Bargos

'Daybreak Boys', West Sussex