neet fuel coming out of the exhaust

Chris Lorimer
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:
neet fuel coming out of the exhaust

Post by Chris Lorimer » 03 Apr 2003, 22:42

Any idea what can be causing the above on a mates Mk1 CRM250? We have checked the float height and adjusted accordingly. He also checked his reeds and were ok too. The problem started when he got water in the carb. It smokes a lot off choke and spews black oil onto the swing arm!!

Any advice for the poor beggar would be greatfully received! :o

Bargos
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
Reactions:

Post by Bargos » 04 Apr 2003, 13:18

Chris,

Its unlikely to be neat fuel. If water has gone into the carb then it normally exits via the exhaust as condensation or water vapour and will smell a bit like fuel. The best thing to do is to drain the carb off (sounds like you might have already done this), clean the plug and take it for a good long ride to get rid of any residual water.

I drowned my CRM in 2.5 feet of water once and the above sorted it.
Bargos

'Daybreak Boys', West Sussex

SteveCRM
Visitor
Visitor
Reactions:

Post by SteveCRM » 05 Apr 2003, 11:23

Failing this Drill a hole in the tail pipe put a spark plug in it run a wire to a switch on the handlebars then to the coil. Then when he is riding along with an annoying car driver tailgating him he can hit the switch and flame the car. :twisted:

As for the water thing I hope he is covering or avoiding the exhaust when jetwashing the bike.

Chris Lorimer
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by Chris Lorimer » 06 Apr 2003, 22:24

Hmmmmmmmm,

yeh,, I drained the carb for him and checked the float height (getting good at this), it smokes like a right un off choke and sounds like someone have a mexican mud slide on the bog!!

:lol: