No spark 2

Chris Lorimer
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:
No spark 2

Post by Chris Lorimer » 06 Apr 2003, 22:19

Reet Bargos,

you asked how I gewt on wi my new coil. Well I put it on and we are up and running.

I took this opportunity to put my dep pipe on an all. Coil Dep pipe and adjusted float height has made this mk2 a totally different beast. It will hoist its front wheel up in the air in first on the throttle alone(is this normal?), its a right hoot!!

It idles nice and steady too, really chuffed!

Don't know why though, every time I have a problem with it and ive messed with the carb (draining the3 bowl etc) I have a right problem getting fuel through to the plug. My only cure is to syinge some in through the plug hole. It fires then and then engine draws it through then on its own?

Why do I get fuel starvation, even t5ipping it on its side doesn't cure it. I know the fuel gets into the carb but its reluctant to go through to the engine? Its all right once it is running , like I say the engine draws it through then?

:roll:

Bargos
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
Reactions:

Post by Bargos » 07 Apr 2003, 09:15

Hi Chris,

Sounds like progress at last :D

When you say that fuel isnt getting through to the plug, how many kicks are you trying before you check the plug and what kind of technique are you using? If mine has been standing for a fortnight it will need 12-15 kicks to start and I tend to use short, sharp kicks rather than using the full travel of the kickstarter.

When you get it fully sorted at the right revs it will hoist the front wheel in second gear and if its running really sweet (and with the right gearing) third gear as well.
Bargos

'Daybreak Boys', West Sussex

Bargos
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
Reactions:

Post by Bargos » 24 Apr 2003, 12:42

Hi Chris,

Youve been quiet for a while, hows that bike coming along?
Bargos

'Daybreak Boys', West Sussex