Loss of top end power + temp warning light

Bargos
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
Reactions:

Post by Bargos » 03 Jan 2007, 18:24

Kinney,

Why did you change your handle from agermany? Nice bike BTW.

:roll:
Bargos

'Daybreak Boys', West Sussex

kinney
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by kinney » 03 Jan 2007, 21:29

Bargos wrote:Say there is a crack in the head gasket between the cooling channel in the barrel and the combustion chamber. Under pressure, the water makes it way into the combustion chamber, past the piston and into the gearbox itself.

Thats how.

B.
Thing is Bargos.......
On a 2 stroke, the gearbox is not in the crankcase. Its in a separate chamber, so to speak.
Me thinks you ought to look inside a 2 stroke engine sometime.
It may aid your usually good advice. (No poll required)

Thats how......... :lol:

mikey11000
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by mikey11000 » 03 Jan 2007, 22:39

my guess would be the seal on the back of the water pump?leaking slightley ,hence not seeing a drop in water level.

Bargos
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
Reactions:

Post by Bargos » 04 Jan 2007, 18:19

Nice reply...I know when I am beaten :-)
Bargos

'Daybreak Boys', West Sussex

boydees
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:
Re: Loss of top end power + temp warning light

Post by boydees » 23 Jul 2015, 08:02

I know this is an old post, but was this issue able to be resolved. My crm250ar is doing the same. Even from dead cold, the temp light comes on as soon as I rev the engine. I was going to try and find a new voltage regulator, unless anyone has a better idea.

Eddie Evans
2016NWAA
2016NWAA
Reactions:
Bike Owned: MK3

Post by Eddie Evans » 23 Jul 2015, 09:31

boydees wrote:I know this is an old post, but was this issue able to be resolved. My crm250ar is doing the same. Even from dead cold, the temp light comes on as soon as I rev the engine. I was going to try and find a new voltage regulator, unless anyone has a better idea.
If the light comes on when you rev it and its cold you need to check the sensor, the switch or loose wires.
It is also worth checking that the rad is clean and not full of mud and that the thermostat is opening correctly.
In general bikes run cooler the faster you go as more air flows over the rads. The problem usually happens when you are stuck in traffic or struggling along a track with high revs in a low gear.
If the coolant level is not dropping then it is not leaking. Emulsified oil in the gearbox can be caused by water being sucked in through the breather pipe. If the pipe is hanging down and the hot engine goes through deep water water gets sucked in. The cure is to raise the breather. Even with the raised breather there is still a slight tendency for this to happen. Four strokes do not suffer so much because the engine oil gets hotter and moisture burns off as the engine gets hot

fallenmikethebike
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by fallenmikethebike » 23 Jul 2015, 17:23

After checking Eddies sage advice above, consider fitting a fan, this helps enormously.
Mike
VFORCE REEDS-MUGEN HEAD AND BARREL-WHITE POWER-ALL ON MY WISH LIST!!

boydees
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by boydees » 26 Jul 2015, 11:08

Thanks for the info guys. And I think I will invest in a fan, but this was an interesting one. After checking all the wiring etc, put bike back together and temp light was still coming on as soon as I revved it. Then I noticed the blown headlight. Replaced the headlight bulb and this fixed the temp light issue. Weird. I still have the issue with the power valve not working. I went through the testing procedures for voltage regulator and power valve motor and all seemed to be ok. I think it may be a dud PGM.

fallenmikethebike
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by fallenmikethebike » 26 Jul 2015, 11:21

Greece needs you're wonga,right now.
Mike
VFORCE REEDS-MUGEN HEAD AND BARREL-WHITE POWER-ALL ON MY WISH LIST!!

boydees
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by boydees » 26 Jul 2015, 12:10

Thanks Mike, excellent advice, I have been indecisive for days about sending it to nick. I am going to contact him right now.