Grease nipples/ exhausts

jackstribe
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:
Grease nipples/ exhausts

Post by jackstribe » 02 Jan 2003, 16:52

Hello folks quick question for you, have any of you put grease nipples on the rear linkage? If so where and how did you do it? also, have anybody got an FMF pipe on their CRM? If you have how much did you pay, and where did you get it?
cheers me dears :o
Happy CRM'in !

admin
2016NWAA
2016NWAA
Reactions:
Bike Owned: AR

Post by admin » 02 Jan 2003, 17:16

I am about to grease me nipples on my swingarm and headstock. Simply remove the swingarm and drill a small pilot hole in the middle, and tap in a thread and insert a nipple. Make sure it doesnt go too deep (Most goto about 3 - 4 mm which is plenty) or the spindle will be obsructed by the nipple poking out of the inside of the swingarm.
May also do the bottom linkage aswell but suspect not as that is a doddle to grease anyway.
as for the FMF pipe, only one i know of is on my mate henrys MK2, and quite frankly was more trouble than it was worth. needed rejetting and never did run as well as the DEP. Sorry to upset you if you have just bought one but the DEP (apart from looking a bit bright) really are quite good.
Regards

jackstribe
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by jackstribe » 03 Jan 2003, 16:34

so basically, I just put nipples on the swingarm & linkage themselves, so when using the old greasegun, the grease will seep out the ends of the bolts/spindles? Looks like I'll get a Dep pipe then, I had got an FMF earlier in the year second hand, but i sold it as i was Skint!! Anybody know the cheapest place for the DEPS?
Cheers Paul for putting my List on the Site, looks good, will be sending a little update soon regarding my adventures with fitting a 91 CR tank to mine( Not such an easy fit as claimed by 15 yr old crm owner, as the mountings are different!!!) on the look out now for some secondhand 91 cr seat and plastics now. After that, maybe i should start to look at the sussies?!!!!
The prototype is getting along!! (maybe i should buy a CR rolling chassis!)
:) :)
Happy CRM'in !

Russell
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by Russell » 03 Jan 2003, 17:12

I have front DEP rear Liesure Trial on my MK3, earlier in the year I toyed with putting DEP silencer on, the cheapest place I found was DEP themselves.
I spoke to someone called Derek on 01622 765353 and he was really helpfull and was able to give me a lot of information.

Regards

Russell.

admin
2016NWAA
2016NWAA
Reactions:
Bike Owned: AR

Post by admin » 03 Jan 2003, 17:26

Isn't the Leisuretrail silencer a DEP with a sticker on it ?? i have one on my AR C/W Chrome Dep front, they are pretty good although some seem to rust quicker than others. 8)