Restrictor Baffle and wobbly wheel!

Phil Neal
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor
Reactions:
Restrictor Baffle and wobbly wheel!

Post by Phil Neal » 01 May 2003, 20:55

Ok, I've got one of these restrictor baffles in the air box, what exactly does it do? what benefits are there to removing it, or downsides.

Also

I hit a brick with my front wheel and have got a slight buckle (about 3-4mm at main height) I have managed to get most of it out by tightening loostening spokes and hitting rim with rubber mallet but how critical is it that the wheel is 100% true (ie is it worth rushing it to a wheel fixer or can it wait till I'm not using it, the bike is my main form of transport!)

double_clutch
Visitor
Visitor
Reactions:

Post by double_clutch » 01 May 2003, 22:20

rip the restrictor out mate!
Live Fast Die Young
Dont Drink And Drive, You'll Spill It

admin
2016NWAA
2016NWAA
Reactions:
Bike Owned: AR

Post by admin » 02 May 2003, 06:41

Phil, rip the restrictor out. Fuel economy gets better like the performance.
If the ding is ok, then live with it for a bit.
As the bike is daily transport and you want it repaired. then perhaps you can mail me off list and we can discuss you borrowing one of mine for a couple of weeks if needed. You can go either 18\" with a 110 Super soft Bridgestone road tyre or 21\" with pure off road tyre. may even but the Twinduro back on it if its for mainly road use.

Phil Neal
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor
Reactions:

Post by Phil Neal » 02 May 2003, 08:05

Restrictor will be removed tonight, if not sooner!

I had a splitting headache yesterday when i was trying to get the ding out, I can definately live with it for now. I was having some success with sorting it myself so may continue on saturday domestic situation permitting!

the main problem I was having was getting the front wheel off the ground to spin it! guess i'll have to invest in a stand for it!

If not may take you up on the offer of the wheel, can you recommend a cheap wheel repairer?

Phil Neal
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor
Reactions:

Post by Phil Neal » 05 May 2003, 22:18

baffle removed, definatly feels more responsive, wouldn't like to quantify the difference though!!

Any ideas where I could get a second set of wheels from? want to keep my Trailmax's on rims to make life easier but would like to be able to swap over quickly.

Is there a pricelist available still?

Cheers

Phil