CRM stripdown

Bargos
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
Reactions:
CRM stripdown

Post by Bargos » 19 May 2003, 11:11

Hey,

I stripped my Mark2 down on saturday morning as I want to tart it up a bit for the autumn and address any worn components.

It took me just over three hours in total and is now spread over my garage floor and workbench. Frame is waiting to be blanked off and powder coated in white and the exhaust is waiting to have the dents knocked out and refinished in black.

Also noticed that the steering head bearings seem to be original as the grease that they were packed in was red, the same colour that they use at the factory.

Not much else to report, I just wanted to tell someone!!
Bargos

'Daybreak Boys', West Sussex

admin
2016NWAA
2016NWAA
Reactions:
Bike Owned: AR

Post by admin » 19 May 2003, 14:45

nice one, let me know who you use to get the dents out of your pipe please. i need to get my MUGEN dent free and rechromed.
why not get some pics, start - finish so we can show them on the site ??

Bargos
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
Reactions:

Post by Bargos » 21 May 2003, 12:50

Hi Admin

It all went Pete Tong for the pipe as I still have the original double-skinned exhaust and they couldnt do anything with it. Its with the shotblaster at the moment - I intend to spray it and get a protective sheath from M&P to wrap round it, should look a bit smarter and have more protection too.

My frame is with the local powder coating company, they have coated me £65 cash for the frame and sub.

Hopefully will be able to start putting it back together in a week or two. Have you got any of the crm250.com stickers available in red at all?
Bargos

'Daybreak Boys', West Sussex

admin
2016NWAA
2016NWAA
Reactions:
Bike Owned: AR

Post by admin » 21 May 2003, 19:17

Bugger. i have a mugen pipe with a few dents just on the mugen bit, and i would like to get it mint if poss i suppose by blowing it out and getting it rechromed
anyway lets have a detailed picture step by step rebuild so i can lash it on the site - that goes for anyone else doing any major tasks to their CRM's