Help! MK2 2 stroke oil res problem can you help?

BigG
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:
Help! MK2 2 stroke oil res problem can you help?

Post by BigG » 26 May 2003, 15:17

Hi all, new owner rider here in herts, with a small problem.
yesterday i took my bike out for its first run and noticed as i wheeled it out of the garage a small pool of oil, ah nevermind i only wanted to go to the local pit.
after 7kms theengine made a rev related squealing noise and i stopped immediately. :(

got it home in the van and discovered that the sensor that plugs into the lower part of the resv was leaking around the wires and dribbling down the bike, hence the puddle. i have just squirted a little 2 stroke oil into the top. to keep it lubed up ok while it sits and i investiagte further, this is where you all come in..............................

have you got a spare for sale ?
could i cap it off with no difference?
or abandon it and pre mix into the tank?
what is an appropiate ratio to use with fully synthetic oil?
when i kick over the bike the oils comes out even more through the leaking part, why is this?
which is the best fuel to use on a mk 2 unleaded, super unleaded, or 4*?

cheers in advance chaps.

Nick :cry:

Robb
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by Robb » 26 May 2003, 19:59

Hi

Had the same with my Mk2. Just pulled the whole sender unit to pieces and rebuilt the whole top end of it with silicone sealant and it don't leek no more.
Be careful if thats what u r going to do because it can break real easey and dont get any on the float switch thingy.

hope this helps

Robb

Russell
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by Russell » 26 May 2003, 22:48

Can not help with most points as MK3 different oil tank, but I can tell you with regards to the last point my MK3 loves Super Plus and I notice a difference between this and normal unleaded, never tried 4* though.