hand guards

flip
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:
hand guards

Post by flip » 02 Nov 2008, 19:49

hello chaps does anyone know the best place to get some decent handguards from,had a couple of sets of the cheaper ones but broke them both on the clutch side (a long with the clutch lever ) cheers

SkidMark
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Re: hand guards

Post by SkidMark » 02 Nov 2008, 20:05

flip wrote:hello chaps does anyone know the best place to get some decent handguards from,had a couple of sets of the cheaper ones but broke them both on the clutch side (a long with the clutch lever ) cheers
please read the:
"Please read before you post a question." topic at the top of the technical board.

then a search for hand guards will quickly recommend http://www.oro2u.com ;)
AR's rock!!!
TwinAir filter, Braided Brake Hoses, Swingarm/Shock bearings done!, Rear Shock overhauled and customised by G-Force, 14-44 Gearing, Exhaust decoked (fun with Caustic Soda!), DEP silencer.

flip
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by flip » 02 Nov 2008, 20:29

Did use the seach but the handguards on there look about as good as the ones i keep breaking. thanks

SkidMark
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by SkidMark » 02 Nov 2008, 20:36

:oops:

so can anyone recommend some handguards that are proven to take abuse :?:
I guess the guy that falls off the most should be able to help... :lol:
AR's rock!!!
TwinAir filter, Braided Brake Hoses, Swingarm/Shock bearings done!, Rear Shock overhauled and customised by G-Force, 14-44 Gearing, Exhaust decoked (fun with Caustic Soda!), DEP silencer.

knackeredMk1
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Reactions:
Bike Owned: Modified Mk1

Post by knackeredMk1 » 02 Nov 2008, 21:03

I use these http://www.acerbis.com/p106_handguard/1325.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; with a spoiler.

kernow krusty
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by kernow krusty » 02 Nov 2008, 21:11

Have a closer look at the Off Road Only website, as they do a cpl models which incorporate aluminium bars inside the moulded plastic of the handguards. Look at the Pro Rally model. Not cheap, but if you break them, maybe you oughta take up something safer like indoor hang gliding or blindfold bull fighting!
Regards KK
I phoned the Ramblers today, but the bloke on the phone just went on and on....

Davey Munroe
Visitor
Visitor
Reactions:

Post by Davey Munroe » 10 Nov 2008, 08:50

Hi Flip, I use ufo handguards with the ali insert that mount into the bar end aswell. In addition to this I fit short levers ( or shorten them), so that they come no where near the guards themselves. I've had some big "offs" directly onto the handguards, and not had any problems. All guards will move a bit on impact and this sometimes catches the levers and snaps or traps them, which pisses you off or costs time on a special. Fortunately you can get short levers for the CRM. This approach seems to work for me. Regards dave