crm carb/parts guru needed!!

muckyrich
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:
crm carb/parts guru needed!!

Post by muckyrich » 31 Oct 2010, 21:41

Hi everyone,my crm mk2 is running like crap low down only clearing out on top end.I read a few posts here and finally the penny dropped, i've lost the collar between the main jet and carb body previously mentioned in a few posts.Cannot make it out in any of the carb diagrams.Does anyone have a part number for this,where could i order one and if no joy does anyone have the dimensions so i might be able to get one made for it?Much appreciated!!!

AlanH
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
Reactions:
Re: crm carb/parts guru needed!!

Post by AlanH » 01 Nov 2010, 13:10

Do you mean the baffle thing that's held between the main jet and the emulsion tube? If so, and if it's the same as an AR, it's 16168-ka5-004.

I don't think that would make it run crap low down though. It's there to make sure there is fuel around the main jet when the going gets a bit bouncy and shouldn't really have any effect on the carburation.

fallenmikethebike
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: MK3

Post by fallenmikethebike » 01 Nov 2010, 17:27

:( It sounds woefully rich,BUT, check your plug to confirm.
Anything falling off, in the carb, can only be in the float bowl, UNLESS, someone forgot to reinstall it :roll: :roll: .
Also check the clip position on the needle, this should generally be in the middle groove.
Mike
VFORCE REEDS-MUGEN HEAD AND BARREL-WHITE POWER-ALL ON MY WISH LIST!!

muckyrich
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by muckyrich » 01 Nov 2010, 23:18

Sorry guys!! How can i hope for your help if i dont even explain it correctly!Just looking at it in the service manual carb diagram.Its not the baffle,it's above the emulsion tube nut and is unlabelled.It obviously met with my garage floor and is enjoying it's freedom.Any help gratefully accepted!!!

fallenmikethebike
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: MK3

Post by fallenmikethebike » 02 Nov 2010, 17:27

:( You may spend less time turning the garage upside down to find the O.E. part, than having to trawl about looking for a likely, [ BRASS, METRIC FINE?] replacement.
Mike
VFORCE REEDS-MUGEN HEAD AND BARREL-WHITE POWER-ALL ON MY WISH LIST!!