MK3 Neutral switch

twistednuts
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Re: MK3 Neutral switch

Post by twistednuts » 14 Feb 2011, 18:40

Back off road, think i caused the confusion, i should of quoted your post, but i didnt cos im naughty

blue_andy69
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:
Bike Owned: Mk3

Post by blue_andy69 » 14 Apr 2011, 07:53

Hi all, I stripped and rebuilt my mk3 over the last few weeks to paint the frame. It now runs like a bag of spanners, the only thing I touched engine wise was the neutral switch. The pin was snapped so the switch was never being turned. I could never get a neutral light and led to having to lean bike against a wall when warming up because the side stand cut the engine - annoying!! Now I still have no neutral light, and a shed of a bike! Please help

blue_andy69
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by blue_andy69 » 14 Apr 2011, 07:59

Forgot to mention, the bike starts very easily, ticks over when warm, has full power. Gear oil changed, plug changed, all cables and wiring triple checked, new fuel. The problem is that the whole bike vibrates, all the time but mostly when cruising or slowing. Doesn't do it under heavy acceleration

knackeredMk1
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Reactions:
Bike Owned: Modified Mk1

Post by knackeredMk1 » 14 Apr 2011, 08:27

Vibration -

High frequency - Your chain is too tight.
Low frequency - Check all your engine mounting bolts for tightness inc. head stays.

Neutral switch - Find a peice of rod that will just fit in the hole on the switch and is just short enough to fit in the female end of the gear selector.

blue_andy69
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by blue_andy69 » 14 Apr 2011, 09:09

Thanks knackered I'll look into those issues with vibration. I did that with the switch but was unsure which way it went? Obviously not the way i made it!