lgingell
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: CRM 250 AR W
fmf on ebay

Post by lgingell » 16 Oct 2012, 20:16

hi guys

as some of you may know, an fmf gnarly pipe and silencer is advertised on ebay at the moment - to fit an ar.

I am bidding already - im just trying to make up my mind how much to bid.

i have a dep system fitted to my ar - my question is does anyone know the difference between the two systems?

I am not unhappy in any way with the DEP sysetm - the carburation is fine - the chrome nickle plating is durable, the fit is ok - overall very good.

I have ridden a cr 250 before / after fitting a gnarly - and its one of the best pipes / modifications i have tried - the gnarly gave SO much more usable bottom end, and only a slight loss of top end "over rev" (which i didn't mind loosing on a cr 250, as its already to fast for me at the top end).

I think the crm 250 ar already has one of the best bottom ends on any trail bike, so im not exactly sure that it needs any more - but im interested to hear peoples actual experiences!

If any of you have ridden a crm with both systems fitted please let me know how it went!

thanks in advance
leonard

knackeredMk1
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Reactions:
Bike Owned: Modified Mk1
Re: fmf on ebay

Post by knackeredMk1 » 16 Oct 2012, 20:23

I don't think there is much difference between the systems. The FMF on ebay has a few dents though and those would knock off any extra performance the FMF might have had anyway. They do sound different - the FMF is sightly more suppressed than the DEP which is a little more tinny (Not unpleasant though more aggressive to my ear).

helisupp
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: CRM AR (4)

Post by helisupp » 16 Oct 2012, 20:43

As usual I may be wrong, but with the large AR powervalve and way it works I would defy anyone to notice a power difference with this pipe over the DEP pipe.

The whole bike is for sale apart from engine, electrics etc (for a secret project)................but dammit he did not have an AR headlight.

lgingell
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: CRM 250 AR W

Post by lgingell » 16 Oct 2012, 20:45

thanks guys - it is now sold - £125 was the Buy it now price so ive missed it anyway - but thanks for your input - for future reference