Wavey Discs

SteveCRM
Visitor
Visitor
Reactions:
Wavey Discs

Post by SteveCRM » 05 Feb 2003, 19:12

Ok things may be a bit interesting here, are the discs from all crm250 model the same?

I was doing a delivery to a laser cutting firm the other day and while i was signing the paperwork i noticed some wavey discs on the shelf so I asked the bloke and he said if I went there on a saturday with the old disc (for hole sizes and dimensions) and some cash in my pocket and he would see what he could do. they supply the material too.

As i am not riding My CRM for the forseeable future I may keep a disc in my work van ready for my next visit there.

If it works out and he is interested maybe we could sell some on this site.

phil1
Visitor
Visitor
Reactions:

Post by phil1 » 05 Feb 2003, 21:37

steve, our factory has a lazer welder and cutter, they are very accurate. just be sure the starting material is of the right grade, heat wise for brake discs. by the way hows the knee? your obviously still working, but off the bike. bit of a bummer, worse of both worlds!

admin
2016NWAA
2016NWAA
Reactions:
Bike Owned: AR

Post by admin » 06 Feb 2003, 08:58

Funny, the disks for the 123 & AR have different part numbers, yet i have a set of AR disks fitted to my MK2 spare wheels. EBC were £75 for the pair

jackstribe
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by jackstribe » 06 Feb 2003, 10:11

bloke in tbm mag sells wavey crm discs plus pads for 89 quid all in.
i will post the number later!
ps funnily he makes em wavey as a fashion statement, he says solid discs would last a hell of a lot longer!
Happy CRM'in !

Bargos
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
Reactions:

Post by Bargos » 06 Feb 2003, 12:37

Hey,

Id be interested to hear what any replacement disks are like for the CRM, maybe thats one for the 'Reviews' section?
Bargos

'Daybreak Boys', West Sussex

CRMJUST
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by CRMJUST » 12 Feb 2003, 00:12

:!: It is important to remember that the Italian firm BRAKING are the original wavy disc manufacturer who have the patent for the design, being in the trade I can tell you that you cannot buy a set of discs for £89 without pads, which would probably add another £25 at least.

Be warned, if they are not the real thing, they aint real wavy discs, just a poor imitation.

CRM250.com will soon have a full data sheet for you to look at all the products, all of which are top brand at discount rates.

Dont choose second best 8)