ECU and Reg Rec test procedures

Parky265
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:
ECU and Reg Rec test procedures

Post by Parky265 » 31 May 2013, 06:29

I've got a problem with a MK2. It started with an intermittent spark which then became no spark at all. I have trawled around for a test procedure to see if the ECU is shagged but can only find a £40 download from Australia (and that's just the readings by the look of it).
I have a MK3 available and could swap the ECU but I don't think they are the same.
Ideally I''d like to have a test procedure for all the main components, ECU, REG/REC, COIL and WINDINGS. Im not a dab hand with electrics but can bend my brain to it so if anyone can point me to the info I'd be grateful. :BB :BB

pudzie83
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: mk2 1992
Re: ECU and Reg Rec test procedures

Post by pudzie83 » 31 May 2013, 07:12

first thing to check is side stand switch mate there a bastard for playing up on are bikes . use search for more information as its covered on here start there first before getting messy
VIVA LA CRM!

Parky265
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by Parky265 » 02 Jun 2013, 05:11

[quote="pudzie83"]first thing to check is side stand switch mate there a bastard for playing up on are bikes . use search for more information as its covered on here start there first before getting messy[/quote]

Switch is already disconnected as per the post on here. Fraid I'm gonna have to get down and dirty with a multimeter.

pudzie83
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: mk2 1992

Post by pudzie83 » 02 Jun 2013, 09:54

ive had this problem on mine as well ended up replacing the whole electrics only thing i can advise is check everything pal just hope you don't have the hassle that i did, even tho i have no complaints how she runs now :)
VIVA LA CRM!

briangoo
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor
Reactions:
Bike Owned: mk2 j reg 91

Post by briangoo » 03 Jun 2013, 20:16

hi my friends ar (Kramer he posted about it on hear) played up the same way & in the end it would only spark if he tried to bump start it by running with the bike as fast as possible. so we swapped the pick ups off my fly wheel (mk2) & hey presto it ran like a dream. worth a try maybe as I don't think they were that expensive