Few querys on mk3

stumpotiger
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:
Few querys on mk3

Post by stumpotiger » 15 Nov 2014, 08:01

Just bought my second crm mk3 after selling up last year

I have a very bad sliping clutch maybe because the plates are worn or maybe because the lad i bought it off
Put engine oil in the gearbox not gear oil looooll
Just to confirm engine oil will contaminate the plates am i correct
Also which plates would people recomend as i have read a few reveiws on ebc and say there a little smaller
than standard
I also have a leak out of the clutch arm seal do i need to split the engine to replace this

Any help would be appreciated thanks in advance dan :)

Eddie Evans
2016NWAA
2016NWAA
Reactions:
Bike Owned: MK3
Re: Few querys on mk3

Post by Eddie Evans » 15 Nov 2014, 08:30

Motorcycle engine oil would be ok in the gearbox but if the last owner has put modern car engine oil in then that could be your problem. You could try draining it off and refilling with ATF and hope it will stop slipping otherwise just get some new plates and fit them

knackeredMk1
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Reactions:
Bike Owned: Modified Mk1

Post by knackeredMk1 » 15 Nov 2014, 08:34

If engine oil was put in the plates will be useless and you will have to replace them.

EBC plates seem as good as any.

If you mean the clutch arm that connects to the cable you need to take the clutch cover off to pull out the clutch rod so you can pull out the arm to replace the seal. You don't have to split the cases. You might find that the two bearings for the arm need replacing though if grit has got it. You need a blind bearing puller to get them out.

stumpotiger
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by stumpotiger » 15 Nov 2014, 09:04

Thanks for the replys it is the arm which the cable attaches to yes i will have a look later on and drop the oil out