Balancer shaft

panico
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:
Balancer shaft

Post by panico » 21 Dec 2014, 18:09

Any body remove the balancer shaft yet ?
How r the vibrations ?
How did u blank the gap?

And most important it the bike running better ?
Nico

Eddie Evans
2016NWAA
2016NWAA
Reactions:
Bike Owned: MK3
Re: Balancer shaft

Post by Eddie Evans » 21 Dec 2014, 18:41

Yes I have done this but left the shaft in just replacing the gear with a spacer. This means that the hole does not need to be sealed and a very quick and easy job to try it. If you don't like it just refit the gear.
The bike vibrates quite a bit more when it is started cold but the vibes get less once the bike is warm and revs increase.
I felt the bike has sharper throttle response. Possibly loosing some of the flywheel weight effect and being more susceptible to stall although this has not been a problem for me.
If the bike is being used on the road full time then I would not recommend it as the vibes would start to be a problem. On the other hand if using the bike for trail riding or off road then the vibes are not really a problem as the whole bike is bouncing around anyway so vibes are not noticed. Like I said it is very easy to try and free if you are able to reuse the clutch gasket. Give it a go.

Ghost
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by Ghost » 11 Feb 2015, 03:30

Eddie Evans wrote:Yes I have done this but left the shaft in just replacing the gear with a spacer..
Does anyone have dimensions of the spacer needed or is it just a washer? Any help is appreciated.

gregorious77
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by gregorious77 » 21 Feb 2015, 21:23

I have jut done this and hated the vibes. way too much for me so buying a balance shaft and bearings to put it back as Honda intended.
I can send you mu spacer if you want it. Got it made at work so cost me nothing.