No idea what should be here?

jimmytanko
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:
No idea what should be here?

Post by jimmytanko » 17 Jan 2015, 18:20

So im very short of time and space at the moment and can only get time on the bike sparingly at weekends because its stashed at work.
So today i dug it out of the storeroom at work and had a quick look over it etc.
took the seat and all the plastics off to have a better look at the engine area and found these 2 pipes with nothing attached to them and no idea what they are for. Id be guessing something to do with the 2T oil system but as this is my 1st crm / 2 stroke i dont really have a clue. So if anyone could point me in the right direction id be very grateful.
Thanks

pudzie83
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: mk2 1992
Re: No idea what should be here?

Post by pudzie83 » 18 Jan 2015, 09:36

they are part of the 2t tank located within the frame a pipe connects them together

the inlet where you fill up is at the top of the frame inbetween the tank and fork yoke, the outlet that feeds the pump is located right hand side near the bottom of your radiator
VIVA LA CRM!

jimmytanko
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by jimmytanko » 18 Jan 2015, 18:40

Cheers pudzie, so the one near the bottom of the rad should be piped into the oil pump? And what about the other one? I cant find a picture anywhere of what it should look like. Im guessing the bike must be running on premix then?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

knackeredMk1
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Reactions:
Bike Owned: Modified Mk1

Post by knackeredMk1 » 18 Jan 2015, 18:52

No. In a complete and original Mk1 or Mk2, The frame under the petrol tank holds the 2 stroke oil. The top up entry is between the petrol tank and the top headstock bearings. There is an indicator level pipe that runs down the side of the frame next to the headstock. The pipe that is coming from the frame behind the carb is connected to the pipe coming out of the frame by the bottom of the radiators with a rubber pipe. On the LHS of the frame down pipe to the front of the engine is the exit pipe for the interframe tank (under the expansion chamber as it wraps round in front of the engine). There is a filter here before a rubber pipe connects from here to the oil pump. There is also an oil level indicator switch held in a pipe under the tank.

It looks like your CRM has been running premix so no need to store oil in the frame. If you want to go back to using the oil pump there are quite a few bits you need but they are available. You need to be sure that inside the frame is properly clean with no/very little rust - this will be difficult if the tank has been left open to the environment.

jimmytanko
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by jimmytanko » 18 Jan 2015, 20:01

Thanks knackered. I've found and checked the oil level indicator is there, i have no clocks/dash on the bike that doesn't really matter i guess.
The oil filler at the top has the cap etc so it's been sealed above but there is no pipe coming from the base.
I think the filter and the filler pipe are missing then.
Need to have another proper look this week when i get a chance. And probably source the necessary parts to re commission the oil pump rather than run pre mix.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

mudboots
Visitor
Visitor
Reactions:
Bike Owned: CR500/CRM250MK3

Post by mudboots » 19 Jan 2015, 00:36

Here's a photo or two of the pipes sorry don't have any better photos and my motor is still in bits waiting for parts.
http://i1328.photobucket.com/albums/w53 ... e0a077.jpg
http://i1328.photobucket.com/albums/w53 ... d25677.jpg

jimmytanko
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by jimmytanko » 20 Jan 2015, 11:31

Cheers mudboots
Think my bike is a "bitsa" as in bit of one bits of another.
Frame number is MD24 - 10
Engine is MD24E- 12
Subframe is a crm250 RM (mk2 i believe)
And ecu is 2 boxes not one so mk 1 electrics it seems
And the oil pump feed pip etc is missing so definitely been run on premix
Looks like i have plenty of work on my hands to sort it all out.

ImageImage

mudboots
Visitor
Visitor
Reactions:

Post by mudboots » 22 Jan 2015, 06:40

I am on my second back sub frame as the one on the bike was rusted out and nearly number 3 as I bent the crap out off it but managed to get it strait again as for yours no problem paint it.
If you want to go back to use'ing a oil pump if it is missing from your bike that maybe a bit ore tricky to get but you have a lot more CRM's in the UK than my neck of the woods I do have a spare one but I want to hang on to it. All the pipes should be easy to replace you do not even need honda pipes as long as they are the right size and you can cut them to whatever.
There is every thing you need to know where to buy new plastics so on here on site just do some reading my bike there is not much left on it that I have not replaced fuel tank main frame and side plastics you can not buy new ones so patch them paint then or new graf's to cover them.
Good luck because I think I have spent more than 2 times what the bike cost when it was new on it. And I really really want to up grade the back shock to something more modern I only weigh 76 kg and I find it bottoms out all the bloody time and a better one would make handling a hell of a lot better a speed on ruff tracks.

mudboots
Visitor
Visitor
Reactions:

Post by mudboots » 22 Jan 2015, 07:07

And I will add my motor all top end is MK2 the gears are MK2 carb is MK3 air box is MK1 but with a lot more holes for air Twin Air filter MK3 reed rubber that that's been ground out to let a lot more intake from the carb as well as casing on other side of reed block have been ported as well and Boyesen two stage reads and the barrel has been ported as well. Clutch is MK2 so is the water pump and the hole side cover all fitted to a MK1 motor mind you I am working on the gears and have found that the last wanker put some of the gear cogs on back ward so it maybe why I never had 6th gear but the bloody thing went fast enough in 5th. :D

jimmytanko
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by jimmytanko » 22 Jan 2015, 09:28

My bike was a bit of a gamble ebay purchase. Didnt pay much really and the bike runs just needs a lot of consumables replacing.
There was no V5 with the bike and the seller assured me it wasnt stolen.
So i sent off a V62 with all the info requested (except a reg number as it didnt have one) but it came back as the bike isnt on their database. So basically its never been road registered.
So on one hand im glad its not a stolen bike, but its a pain that to ride it on the road i'll have to go through the hassle of proving its age etc etc to get it done.

JahCoop
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:

Post by JahCoop » 09 Jul 2015, 23:02

I'm the same boat as you man ha ha ha!

My CRM is a MK1, pure eBay gamble no V5 sent off for the replacement log book and the DVLA gave me the same story..... No record of the vin number :-( so I'll have to get it through the registering a second hand vehical farce now as well.... I suspect these bikes HAVE been road registered at some point and the DVLA simply has lost their details due to inactivity.... Probably thought they'd been scrapped or something..... I mean WHY go to the bother of IMPORTING a CRM to the UK and not road register it!!!!??? Why wouldn't you just buy a CR if you wanted a non road legal dirt bike!?

Anyway..... Mine has been run on pre mix so I'm trying to figure out how to get it all plumbed back together..... Oil pump is still in situ but full of crap. Cap for the frame filler neck is missing but the hole is gaffs tapped up...... Better than wide open I guess :-/

Anyone got any tips on how to clean out the "frame tank" it looks fine but I've no idea what could be lurking within!