EBC 320mm Supermoto Disc Conversion

CRMJUST
New kid on the block
New kid on the block
Reactions:
EBC 320mm Supermoto Disc Conversion

Post by CRMJUST » 12 Feb 2003, 00:26

:P Well I'm made the decision to see what all the fuss was about with the big disc conversion. Man is it some conversion.

The EBC kit provides you with a spanking disc (bigger than on a Fireblade!) and a gold adjustment bracket to reposition the caliper.

I opted to do both fork seals and clean out the oil, which I replaced with 10w oil, approx 575ml per leg, this is around 100 ml less than has been spoken elsewhere.

The front end was also treated to a set of sintered EBC pads, and already has a braided front hose.

The disc needs 100 miles or so of bedding in and the results are awesome.

You will have a few teething problems to overcome when fitting this product, which are:

A) You will probably use the original bolts to refix the new disc to your rim, this will cause a clearance problem with the fork guard which you will need to remove and cut away a section to allow the bolt heads to pass by, as the replacement disc does not have countersunk holes and therefore leaves the bolt heads proud.

B) The shiny gold adjustment bracket is marginally thinner than the stock caliper carrier and when you bolt the caliper back to the fork leg the original bolts are too long and tighten into the disc!!!!!!!!!!!!!! aaaaarghhhhh!. You need a good 2-3mm taking off or washers.

C) If you have not got the braided hose, you may find that your stock brake pipe is a little short ?, I dont know this to be true as I already had the braided fitted, but the instruction kit does raise this issue.

Over and above this the front end looks really mean.

I'm sure that Paul will post the images in a gallery somewhere!

These products are available through Paul on CRM250.com