idea to stop brake levers and gear shifters bending

Got a top tip to keep your CRM or other bike in top condition, or have a solution you wish to share with everyone ?? Get em posted here please
fishtail
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: CRM 250 Mk3
Re: idea to stop brake levers and gear shifters bending

Post by fishtail » 22 Mar 2014, 16:16

fallenmikethebike wrote:Set the lever much higher than it would normally be, yes I know it's a pain, but at least it's out of harms way, and likely to be un-mollested by rocks.
Mike

dont think I can get it much higher without the magneto cover getting in the way

actually sometimes its things bigger than bamboo causing grief... here's today's ride

my excuse is the trail isnt exactly bedded in... I should be relieved actually cos some of this trail has quite a steep drop off that would probably result in me 'decidin' to leave the bike there should I end up goin down it..
1996 CRM 250 "Mk 3" FMF pipe .... - the other 'un is a 98 hornet 600 - Sai Kung Hong Kong

fallenmikethebike
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: MK3

Post by fallenmikethebike » 22 Mar 2014, 17:06

The gear levers inside face should be well clear of the magneto cover, allowing almost any height to be set.
On my break lever I have a folding tip, from another bike, the advantages of this when combined with a break snake is that nothing gets in that void.Given your circumstances are different so perhaps a " rekluse " clutch ? you can then have the back break lever up on the bars 8-]].
Mike
VFORCE REEDS-MUGEN HEAD AND BARREL-WHITE POWER-ALL ON MY WISH LIST!!

fishtail
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike Owned: CRM 250 Mk3

Post by fishtail » 22 Mar 2014, 17:15

hmm shoulda took a picture.. I think I was basically skimming the cover... its high an was ok - but then I bashed into a particularly high rock,,, actually the skid plate now follows the contours of the frame an the mageto cover,,, and on the other side is a relief of the water pump,,,

bike felt particularly excellent today :) ( apart from the brakes,, I'm thinkin I might jus see if I can get a new caliper.. depends how much? off to FAQ 0 to see what other models fit.... ( bet there's an XR in there.... )
1996 CRM 250 "Mk 3" FMF pipe .... - the other 'un is a 98 hornet 600 - Sai Kung Hong Kong